Neuro-ophthalmology addresses the relationship between the eye and the brain. Dr. Andrew Berman is a fellowship trained neuro-ophthalmologist who provides comprehensive clinical care to a broad spectrum of patients. His is regarded as one of Chicago’s top eye doctors specializing in neuro-ophthalmology. He sees patients in both Skokie and Highland Park offices.
- visual loss
- visual disturbance
- double vision
- unequal pupils
- eyelid and facial spasms
- droopy eyelid
Common neuro-opthalmaic disorders:
- Optic neuritis
- Ischemic optic neuropathy (including temporal arteritis)
- Compressive optic neuropathy (including pituitary tumors)
- Papilledema (including pseudotumor cerebri)
- Inflammatory and infectious optic neuropathies
- Cerebrovascular disorder involving vision
- Brain tumors involving vision
- Blephrospasm (including botulinum injections)
- Hemifacial spasm (including botulinum injections)
- Thyroid eye disease
- Myasthenia gravis
- Ocular motor disorders (including cranial nerve palsies)
- Pupillary abnormalities such as Adies pupil
- Paraneoplastic disorders (including paraneoplastic retinopathies and optic neuropathies)
- Hereditary optic neuropathies
It is helpful to please bring all medical records (doctor’s notes, visual fields, etc.) and actual MRI and CT scans to your Neuro-Ophthalmology appointment with Dr. Berman. This will also reduce the likelihood of repeating previously performed tests.
Depending on the complexity of your condition, plan on spending at least 3 hours. In most cases, diagnostic services can be performed on the same day.
Call now to schedule and appointment with one of our Doctors.
Skokie location 847-677-1631 and Highland Park at 847-433-5888.